Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chapter 1.3


As I am walking in the front door, I hear Raydenne humming along at her easel. Noting that she must not have noticed my absence, I head out back to make some floor hygienators for the day spa. I have been getting quite a few contracts lately with the locals as my reputation rises. They call me a "master" but I disregard their comments; I will have to build a ton more inventions before I have even started perfecting them.


In the middle of making my third hygienator, I have a sudden surge of nausea. Kneeling over the toilet, I think of the implications. What happens if I'm pregnant? Drake and I just started dating!


Once I finish my last bit of inventing for the day, my fears come true as I notice the small, but obvious baby bump start to take shape. Nervous about what to do, I decide to approach my sister.


"No way! Me too!" she gushes once I convey the news, "We're going to have babies together!"

Not comprehending at first, we share a happy dance and start gossiping like hens over names and who's baby will be cuter.


"Oh Esse, I love you," I say as we hug before I pull away abruptly, "Wait, who is the father?"

"Let's just say it's better off if you don't know, okay?"

"Fine, but I hope he's cute or else I won't let my baby play with yours!" I tease suddenly excited about having a child to call my own.


As I start working on my time machine plans that I had abandoned prior to my contract with the spa, I feel my phone vibrate and my nerves kick in worse than before.

"Drake?" I answer, biting my lip in an attempt to steady my voice.

"Ary, I'm happy you answered. Listen, can I come over after my shift ends? We need to talk."

I instinctively and immaturely go right for the end button.

"Wait, it's nothing bad. Nothing too bad at least, I just have some news and a favor to ask of you." he pauses, "I'll come over and I just ask that you hear me out. That's all. I'm not giving up on us, I promise."

"I guess that will work then," I sigh, "I have some news myself. I'll see you tonight."


Drake arrives later that night and immediately presents me with a beautiful lavender bouquet. Taking in a deep breath, I savor the scent, hoping it's not the last bit of happiness I feel tonight.

Deciding it's now or never, I dive right into the heart of the matter, "Drake, before you say anything, you should know that I'm pregnant."


In response, he leans his head back and closes his eyes, almost in disbelief. I automatically prepare for the worst by putting my guard up. Instead of whatever I had been expecting, he tentatively reaches out and places his hands over my stomach as if he can feel the baby moving inside.

"So you're not upset?" I ask with my hopes high.

"Upset? Mad? Never! I've always wanted a child to call my own, and with someone I have such a connection with? It's perfect! Almost," he trails off.


"Almost?" I ask, my previous hopes deflating.

"You know how I've been working my way up the ladder, hoping to be a doctor someday," he pauses, "I've finally gotten my next promotion."

"That's great! What's the problem with that?"

"I'm now a Resident which is basically my training before I can become a full-fledged doctor. Part of the program is long hours, underpay, basically no sleep, and worst of all, I have to spread out my residency over multiple jurisdictions. In short, I'm going to have to move around a lot over the next couple years. I don't know how long it will take either."

"So you're leaving, for an unknown amount of time?"

"Yes, but when time permits I promise I will come visit you and our child."


"This brings me to the favor I wanted to ask of you. Since I'm going to be working over 80 hour weeks and practically living at the hospitals I have my residencies at, I won't be able to be much of an Uncle to Ellymae. I was wondering if you could take her in while I'm gone? You're more than welcome to use my house if you won't have room for her here."

"I would love to help raise her, after all, she will have a cousin soon to play with. As for the house, Raydenne and I have already found a new home. There is barely enough space for the two of us here, let alone with the babies too."


"I'm happy you're still up for giving us a shot, Ary."

"Me too, just don't make me regret this, okay?" I threaten, trying to make it sound like I'm teasing. 


A couple mornings later, Drake and Ellymae make their way over to our house just prior to school in order to say all of our goodbyes together.


When they both leave, Raydenne and I sit on our couch admiring our new abode, both thinking this may be the last peace and quiet we ever get. Going from zero kids to three in a few days is going to be incredibly tough.


While waiting for Ellymae to come home from Cleora's house the next night, the labor pains hit.


Not too much later, Ray's begin too.


That night, our household brings home not two, but three babies. Ray gave birth to twins, Caolan, a son, and Melainn, a daughter.


As for myself, Oriana was the most beautiful baby girl I had ever laid eyes on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Notes: Yay! Four children killed in one day. I hadn't planned on Ray having twins (who ever does, amiright Cece?) and was going to have Drake and Ary have a second later on, but oh well.

At this point, Ray and Ary are almost full adults... I have mainly been focusing on their careers instead of their story since I rolled perfectionist. Ray is lvl 7 career-wise and lvl 9 skill-wise in painting already thanks to several opportunities increasing her skill and has fullfilled two of the three skill challenges. I had her paint 30 small paintings before anything else to make her paint faster and she's painted more than the required brilliant paintings. Still no masterpieces. 

Ary is also a lvl 7 inventor but has mastered the inventing skill and has discovered all the inventions, even though in the story she hasn't. She hasn't completed any skill challenges thus far. Ray sells all of her paintings and Ary's inventions at the consignment store and has the born saleswoman trait and due to her constantly rolling for "paint moar paintings!" wishes she got the suave seller LTR. The house they moved into they BARELY afforded. Like less than 200 simoleons left after moving.

My heir is going to be Oriana because she's beautiful and because she's the only kid eligible. :) Her rolls are as follows:
Gen 2:
Marital Structure: Couple
Number of Children: 2
Primary Career: Law Enforcement (Super Spy)
Secondary Career: Author
Goal: Hobby or Obsession
Misc. Fun: Multi-Cultural

10 comments:

  1. Oh, yikes, three babies at once. *dies from exhaustion*
    I can't wait see Oriana grow up, I want to see the beautiful baby Drake made. =D
    If you haven't got it yet, the Extra Creative LTR helps with getting masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful chapter! I love that roll for Oriana too. I'm looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is having a bajillion babies all at the same time like the it thing to do now? You guys are nuts. I wouldn't have the courage to try that!

    Can't wait to see all the babies grown up though!

    (Also: F-ing twins. *Eye twitch* Don't jinx me again!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 babies at once? Eeek, hope Ellymae will be able to help with them a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I thought Drake had something else to talk about when he said he wanted to come over...hehe

    TWINS!! hihi I can't wait to see all those babies grow up! and I love the way ellymea looks :D she is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh geez so many babies! Bright side, they will all grow up together and you'll be done.

    Can't wait to see how they look when they grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your sims have such interesting features, so I can't wait to see how the tots turn out.

    Did you take Oriana's name from DA? Just curious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's hilarious. I actually took it from ME:2; woot bioware! :) I forgot there was an Oriana in DA:O too!

      Delete
    2. Ha - oh man! I forgot there was an Oriana in ME2, so the opposite happened for me. :D Silly, silly Bioware and their cross referencing.

      Delete
  8. I'm with Klev, I though Drake had some fessing up to do. After all, we still don't know who Ray's babies' daddy is.

    I'm sad that Drake won't be around much, but I'm sure he's left behind some really incredible genes. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback on my legacy! It makes me smile :)