Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chapter 2.0


While Hathor and Theresa were hashing it out, Theron was following through with his part of the deal.

Making eye contact once again, he calmly allured the girl, "You invited me to bed with you after too many drinks, but you will not remember my face. Tomorrow you will not feel guilty, nor will you try looking for me."

"Of course," Oriana said in a zombie-like trance before retreating under the covers with her mystery man.


When the deed was done and Theron was sure Oriana was in a deep sleep, he slowly crawled out of bed. Alluring the girl for that long had cost him a lot of energy and it took what remaining energy he had left to keep himself from sucking the girl dry. Theresa wouldn't forgive him if he turned or even killed the object of their mission so he took off as fast as he could into the waning darkness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In the present, Hathor suddenly materialized out of thin air at the side of Oriana's bed. Considerably pleased to find the girl alive and well, the goddess contemplated leaving as quick as she came. Deciding on staying to make sure everything was fine, she barked an order at Oriana to wake up.


When Oriana didn't stir, Hathor thread a small stream of magic into the girl to jolt her nerve endings. Turning around, she gave her granddaughter some privacy as she got out of bed.


Instead of grabbing a robe or getting decent at all, Oriana approached Hathor as soon as her feet hit the floor.

"Who the hell are you and why are you in my room?" she demanded.


"My name is Hathor and I am your other grandmother, but none of that is important right no--"

"You're saying I have an orange grandmother."

"Yes, but--"

"Nice try lady, now get out of my room."

"Oriana Amarel," Hathor whispered, using her magic to make her words echo as if she had yelled them, "Do not both Ray and Ary have my eye shape? Were they both treated unfairly compared to their half sister Sabelyn due to their shared parentage? Can you really not feel the desire to be great seeping through your bones?"

"Well yes, they do sort of look like you, but a desire to be great? Not really, I'm just like anybody else."

"Well that explains a lot," Hathor muttered to herself before raising her voice back to normal, "Now if you will be so kind to oblige me by recalling what all happened last night."


Slowly, Oriana tried piecing together her previous night starting with her parents leaving for a party and ending with downing a lot of drinks. Everything was super foggy and it almost hurt to even try to remember so she told this to the strange lady that she didn't yet trust.


"You're saying you can't remember who you invited in? Did he try to hurt you at all?" Hathor questioned feeling nervous about the circumstances.

"I don't know! I can't remember what he looked like. And no, if he had hurt me I doubt I would have bedded the guy."


"You slept with him?" The Goddess asked, feeling her heart sink to her stomach.

"Yes, why does that matter? It was just a one time thing anyway."

"How's your, oh what do you mortals call it, hangover? Yes, hangover."

"Hangover? I---I don't have one." Oriana said, her face scrunching up in confusion.

"You said you drank so much you couldn't remember his face, yet you do not feel the aftereffects?"

"No...? I've heard that some people just don't get bad hangovers, maybe I'm one of them?"

"No. Get decent and meet me in the kitchen."


As Hathor waited in the kitchen for Oriana to get ready, she glanced out the window at the house's surroundings. A junkyard? An abandoned warehouse? This was no place for the descendants of a Goddess.


"Kay, what now Grandma?" Oriana asked, forcing a smile through the sarcasm dripping from every word. She was getting sick of this crazy lady's tirade, she'd rather go for a run instead of wasting away the morning.

"Now, we test you."

"Test me? Whoa, back off orange-y. I think you've overstayed your welcome."

"Fine. You will be rid of my presence as soon as I finish my test. This I promise," Hathor conceded. Her granddaughter had inherited every ounce of stubbornness Ary had.


"Ugh. Just get it done already, then," Oriana complained, her patience wearing thin as Hathor knelt down a tad and started roaming her hands over the younger girl. After a moment she found what she had been looking for.

"You've been poisoned," Hathor said dramatically, "Now per your request, I shall be on my way."


"You think you can just tell me I'm poisoned and then leave?!" Oriana yelled at Hathor, "What does that even mean!"

"You wanted me to leave, so I was following your orders. Have you changed your mind and now wish me to stay and help?"

"Yes," Oriana said before sighing out of frustration and preparing for the worst.

--------------------------------------------
Notes: I know it's considerably obvious what's going on, but hold your horses and wait for the story :)
Generation 2 rolls are as follows:
Marital Structure: Couple
Number of Children: 2
Primary Career: Law Enforcement (Super Spy)
Secondary Career: Author
Goal: Hobby or Obsession
Misc. Fun: Multi-Cultural

5 comments:

  1. Great chapter! I'm glad Hathor will be around a little longer. I'm assuming Oriana was impregnated by the sexy, mysterious vampire guy but I'll take your advice and wait for the story. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!!! Great chapter :P unlike jessica though, I'll hold my horses and won't assume anything

    perhaps I should stop nodding in agreement though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well seeing as that WAS the "feel belly" interaction and I don't think Cyyk is cruel enough to impregnate and then kill off a baby just for a single interaction... Imma say he should be expecting a really sexy vampire baby sometime soon. (Man vampires really can't leave this family alone, can they!)

    Can't wait for the rest of the story! : D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does rather look from that interaction like she's pregnant...

    Looking forward to finding out more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will not make baby pregnancy vampire children assumptions. Nope!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback on my legacy! It makes me smile :)