Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chapter 1.4


It seems like just yesterday she was giving birth to her little girl, but now Oriana is a growing toddler. With three toddlers and a child, Ary hasn't gotten too much time to work on her time machine prototype, so she attempts to make progress on it whenever she has a moment to spare. Things are coming along slower than she expected, but it has to be perfect.


Meanwhile, Melainn and Caolan are experimenting with their building blocks. Both of the twins take on their mystery-father's skin and hair, and while the Amarel's live in a small town, Ary still doesn't recognize who he could be. Either way, the two get along perfectly and make sure to include Oriana too when she's around.


Most of the time, the ebony-haired tot plays with her peg box because the colors and shapes fascinate her. Even when she can't fit the pieces in, she's giggling and chewing on the blocks. The little girl already shows a fiery passion for logic.


Ellymae, on the other hand, is a quiet girl. She hasn't been hard at all to raise, mostly staying in her room to use her kiddie oven or doing homework on the kitchen table. She'd attempt to have a bake sale, but she's never been one to have much interaction with the other kids at school, except for her friend Cleora.


Tonight, however, is her birthday and she wakes up from her nap to celebrate. Letting down her guard enough, she laughs and claps her hands in excitement, wishing she could have celebrated with her friend.


After the sparkles dissipate, she gains the Natural Cook trait and heads to the kitchen to use it. Each birthday she looks more and more like her late mother, Bellatina.


After she's practiced making some Autumn Salad for Ary and Raydenne to eat later, she checks in to see if there's anything she can help with before going back to bed. Finding her psuedo-aunt laying the toddlers down to bed, Elly decides she will join them.


As soon as she's under the covers, she hears her door creak all the way open and a small giggle escape from a little rascal trying to evade bed time. Peaking over her sheets, she spies her cousin hiding herself behind her tiny hands, pretending she can't be seen.


Taking a moment to indulge Oriana, Ellymae pretends she can't find the little fiend who is giggling up a storm. As soon as the toddler sneaks a peak between her fingers, Elly swoops down and grabs the little girl, smiling all the while.

"Well if you're not ready for bed, then we might as well be productive, right little one?" the teen asks, to which Oriana giggles in response, "Come on, let's see if we can teach you how to walk."


Time flies by and Ellymae helps her aunts teach her cousins how to walk, talk, and use the potty, and soon enough they become children. Oriana grows up to take on more of her father's looks while Melainn and Caolan look more and more unlike Ray. 


After the kids finally get their first taste of cake, they all take off in a rush to play tag in their expansive yard. Elly tags along to make sure her cousins stay safe, and because they all share a soft spot in her heart.


Soon after they head out, Ary gets a call from Drake, a call she's been waiting for. Literally sprinting over to his house, she races through the front door to see her mother finishing a conversation with her love.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" she asks, confused.

"Oh daughter, it's good to see you, but I think I was just leaving," Estrella replies, winking at Drake before sharing a hug with her daughter, "Abbey, Sabe, and I just moved to the area to be closer to you and your sister, and I came over to get to know your cute boyfriend here. I'll give you a call later, hun. I'd hate to not meet my grandkids!"


As soon as her mom is out the door, Ary is in Drake's arms, almost crying in relief. They share a moment of silence, both glad to be in each other's arms again.


Pulling away only slightly, Ary musters up the courage to ask if he's home for good.

"I'm sorry, love, but I could only get away for two days. It won't be much longer, I promise."


"Next time you come back, will you stay with me forever, as my husband?" she asks, bending down to one knee.


"Of course, Ary. You're supposed to wait for me to ask, though!" he pretends to chastise.

"That's not what the women in my family do," she responds with a smile, "Now, come over to my house and meet your daughter."


After sharing a few more kisses, the two walk back over to the Amarel house. As soon as they get in the front door, Ary calls for Oriana to come down.


"Mom! I just built the most awesomest tower ever! You have to come see!"

"I will, but first I want you to meet someone."


"Honey, this is Drake, he's your father." Ary gestures her over, "He's a doctor and can't be home very much right now."


"I have a DAD!" she exclaims before rushing into a torrent of questions for him. Ary inwardly sighs out of relief that her daughter took to her father that easily.


Giving them some time to get to know one another, she retreats to the kitchen to eat some dinner. Soon after, Elly takes a seat next to her.

"I see Oriana is happy to have a father," she comments, "I wish he was around more for her sake, but I understand what's he's doing. Eventually he'll be able to come home and be with us, right?" she asks trying to sound strong.

"I know you miss your Uncle, Elly, I do too, but I promise he'll be home for good, soon. I mean, I have to be come your real Aunt eventually," Ary hints as Elly's eyes go wide, "That is, if it's okay with you?"

"I couldn't ask for a better Aunt, Ary. I mean Aunt Ary. Oh this is great!" she starts to ramble on out of excitement as the night comes to an end.

6 comments:

  1. I don't blame you for ditching the first person, that's always a pain to maintain, and prevents you from showing other points of views and scenes where your narrator is not present.
    Arry and Drake are so sweet together, I'm sorry she's stuck in a single parent roll. *shakes fist at random legacy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. D"aaaaw. Okay their family dynamic is absolutely adorable. And I was so happy to see Estrella again. Been a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I loved Oriana's reaction to seeing her father for the first time!

    And welcome back Estrella

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see Drake is back, if even for a few days. Oriana is beautiful and I like the relationship of Elly and Ary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oriana meeting her father = seriously adorable moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't even notice the point of view shift! I'm so observant...

    So good to see Drake! You forget how long he's been away, but his baby is now a child! I'm glad they seemed to get along from the start.

    Still wondering who Ray's mystery man was!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback on my legacy! It makes me smile :)