Monday, February 13, 2012

Chapter 1.5


Ellymae enjoys hanging out with her cousins thoroughly, whether it's playing tag, pillow fighting, or just plain babysitting. She never expected to be anything but an only child and is ecstatic to have playmates, albeit younger ones.


During the week, she helps them with homework, sometimes even tutoring their friends such as Vasyl Lawry. Little Melainn would rather play queen than do homework, so she helps her subjects by delegating out the problems.


Today, Oriana finishes her homework extra fast, not worrying about getting any of the problems wrong. She wants to ask her mother an important question that's been nagging her ever since she met her dad.

"Mom, I never ever thought it was weird to not have a dad, but now I have one," she struggles as she puts her words together, "I was wondering, do you have a dad too? I've only met Grandma Esse..."


"Surely you remember Grandma Abbey, honey, she's my other mother," Ary replies, nervous about the impending question.

"I know mom!" Oriana rolls her eyes, "But she's my step grandma, and that means she's not your real mom."


"Oriana!" Ary lightly chastises, "Besides Esse, Abbey was the only mother to me, which makes her my real mom. It doesn't matter who actually "fathered" me. Now go wash up for dinner."


As Oriana reaches the top of the stairs, a strange woman appears out of thin air across from Ary.

"Arycella," the woman coolly addresses her, "I see you and I must talk."


"Hathor," Ary seethes in anger, "What do you THINK you are doing, coming into my house. You have NO right to be here."


"No right? Ha!" Hathor mocks, "I have every right in the world, daughter. Without me, you would not exist, and since I hold that key, I will be here whether you like it or not."


"Now tell me why you refuse to speak of me, even to your own daughter."

"You really don't understand, do you?" Ary shakes her head in disgust, "You claim Raydenne and I as your daughters, yet you never once acted like a proper mother to either of us. If you wanted to be a part of our lives so much, you could have at least tried."

"Tried? I tried my damned hardest. Your mothers were greedy and kept you two for themselves and wouldn't let me near you. After all I did for them, they just shut me out. For that, I have vowed to never help a single mortal again."

"That's probably for the better, since you have only done harm to my family."


"Only done harm? I was the one who cured Abbey of her curse--"

"--Only to curse her AND Esse anew!--"

"--It was no curse, my daughter; you were but a gift. While it may have been payment for my services, I could see the love blossoming between your mothers. They just needed a final push, and I thought giving them you and your sister would be that push. Unfortunately, it wasn't, but we all were blessed with you two. When you are ready, I would wish to meet my granddaughter," Hathor says before disappearing as quick as she came.


After dinner, Oriana decides to let the question slide and instead play chess with her brother, a favorite evening activity for them. Though both geniuses, Caolan learns new moves faster than Oriana and soon is beating her at every single match. Disgruntled, and not one to give up so easily, Oriana just tries harder.


Melainn is, you've guessed it, playing Queen of the household, even if no one is paying any attention to her. Her mother, Ray plays along sometimes while reading her handiness book. She's mastered her painting skill and wants to learn other hobbies so she doesn't get bored with her easel.


Upstairs, Ary finishes up with Ellymae's make-up and hair. As the teen goes to put on her dress, Ary takes some time to work on her time machine. When Elly's ready to go, she approaches her soon-to-be-aunt.

"Elly, you look so beautiful, so grown up!" Ary says tearing up a little at the thought of her oldest leaving the nest soon.

Elly does a twirl in response, showing off her flashy dress, "I'm so happy you let me get this dress; it's perfect and even matches my gloves!"


"Anything for you Elly, you're a wonderful girl," Ary replies, bringing the teen in for a hug to hide her tears.

"Don't cry," Elly tries to stifle her own tears to save her make-up, "When I graduate, I will never be too far, I promise."

"Good," Ary concedes as the door bell rings, "You're date's here... I love you, go have fun, but not too much!" she winks.

"I love you too, mom!" Elly shouts over her shoulder as she rushes to the front door.


Keale, Cleora's twin brother is looking sharp this evening as he waits for his date, by the limo. Telling Elly how marvelous she looks, they head off to the dance in style.


Inside, Ary has turned back to her time machine only to be distracted. Elly had called her mom and hadn't even realized it! Choking up, she forgets to discharge her static electricity and the machine blows up in her face. Throwing her invention away, she curls up in her bed and attempts to call Drake, to no avail. It's the happiest and saddest moment of her entire life, but her fiance is too busy at work to even know. If only he could just come home so they could be a real family.

9 comments:

  1. Hathor... any relation to the Egyptian goddess Hathor? : D She's really pretty. I approve of her genetics 100%. Even if she does seem like a total bitch.

    Elly is SO beautiful! I loved her prom outfit, and I squeed a little when she called Ary mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a quick one :) Yes, she's Hathor, the goddess of childbirth, love, motherhood + everything else really. In the sims, a sim can be cured of the mummy's curse by visiting the sphinx, so I twisted that and made a sphinx looking cat which I was going to use in Abbey and Esse's story... then I decided to make an actual sim version of the cat they could speak with which turned into Hathor. As you can see, that's where Ary and Ray get their eye shape!

      Delete
    2. Oh so NOW I get your comment on my blog when Kenzie first met Aquarius. I'll be honest, I'd considered having him ask her for a child but then I realized that waaaaait a minute, he's her great-something grandfather and that would be creepy.

      I do hope we get to see Hathor again though. I grew fond of her during my fourth read through. <3

      Delete
  2. I love Hathor and the story behind Ary & Ray's birth! I hope we get to hear more about it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Hathor too. So, I'm not judging her until I know the whole story.

    Elly looked beautiful for prom and Ary is a great Mom/Aunt. I hope she (and me) gets to see Drake soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone is so gosh dang attractive in your legacy. EVERYONE.

    I like the back story you've cooked up. I can't wait to read where you take it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Didn't that one coming! Hathor is one angry looking female! But her anger sounds legit, can't wait to hear more on that!

    And I agree with gigs, (sorry giga, minutes changing it to gigs again...I like it) your Sims are sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damnit, mobiles changing...not minutes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes, the plot thickens! I do hope there's more to this story about where Ary and Ray come from. Sounds very interesting!

    Elly is gorgeous, and it so cute that she goes to prom with her best friend's twin. And being called mom... Awww!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback on my legacy! It makes me smile :)