Monday, March 19, 2012

Chapter 2.4


"The package is ready for pick-up following her next dose?" Theresa asked rhetorically as soon as Theron entered their chamber, "In only a short while, we shall be true immortals brother. Hathor will have no choice."

"No," Theron whispered.


"What!" Theresa said, wheeling around, "What do you mean, 'no'? We've been working on this for Watcher knows how long."

 

"She is pregnant," he muttered, cutting off his sister, "You know what the dosage could do."

"Plumbob, I thought our intel said she was single," Theresa swore, "Unless... Theron you haven't been playing with--"

 
"It's not mine; I sensed the spark of life, multiple actually. She's been seeing a foreign man, goes by Katib," Theron said gruffly, trying to cover his guilt. Theresa wouldn't be happy if she knew he was using the poor girl.


"Don't even try to hide your jealousy Theron. If I find out you're going soft, I won't hesitate to obliterate your every last feeling."

Acknowledging the obvious death threat, he gave a tight nod in response.


"As soon as that baby is out, get us back on schedule," she menaced, her eyes narrowing to slits, "Now get out of my sight."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Triplets," Katib said unbelieving even though the evidence was laid out before him, "Now I feel even worse about having to do this."

"Katib..." Oriana said, a sob catching in her throat, "Don't... please..."


"Hun, shh, I'm not breaking up with you," he said with a smile while wiping a tear from her eye, "I need to leave town for a bit though. I promise I'll be back in time for the girls' birthday; I just need to do some research on a few neighboring landmarks."

"As long as you come home, I'll be waiting," Oriana said, still sad, but her heart still in one piece.


As Katib left, Oriana cradled Eden close. She whispered her love to Blake and Awen as well, feeling full of a bursting happiness she never thought existed. She was surrounded by family, but it already felt a little emptier without Katib. Hopefully he would move in when he came back into town.


Not a moment after laying her baby down, she started feeling the effects of a vampire's allure.

"Please, don't hurt my children," she drowsily whispered before completely succumbing to the spell.


Sensing her sadness, Theron pulled the girl into an embrace. Holding her close, he used his power to channel her negative energy into himself. Suddenly, he felt the tidal wave of her emotions, dragging him under, chaining them together. Overwhelmed with her grief of loss, her fear of him, and her worries, he could feel his heart breaking for the girl. 


Leading her gently to her bedroom, he couldn't help but take it slow. This girl, this woman, deserved the best, and that's what he gave to her.


Even afterward, he gave himself some leniency by taking the time to make her feel safe and loved. When dawn was drawing close, he silently slipped off to the compound, his vial still full of poison.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, so much dramaz!
    I get the feeling Teresa isn't going to be too happy about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakin mah heart! D :

    I was SO sure the baby was Theron's and now that he really does seem to be in love with her... why would you doooo thaaaat?

    ... So you need to post Theron up on the legacy exchange. Oriana too. If you won't give me their babies I'll do it myself. ><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dammit. I really thought they would be Theron's children. Although I will try and push my disappointment aside. (mainly because now I know Cece is going to have Theron and Oriana babies all over her game) I like that we are seeing more sides to Theron and it seems as though he is falling for her. Hopefully he won't have to face the wrath of Teresa because she seems pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh, I'm both looking forward to and dreading what will happen next.

    I do hope Teresa doesn't get her way, she's a nasty nasty piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is quite an interesting love triangle. Poor Oriana, though, she's badically being used as a sex slave, yet people seem to be feeling for Theron! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to give me feedback on my legacy! It makes me smile :)